Home About Me Cooking Culture Obsessions Confessions

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cooking -- Last Suppers

For the 20th time this year, I'm trying to diet. 


It's not going well. I'm PMS-ing, hence all I can think about it eating fries and chocolate while drinking gallons of Coke. 


I also can't stop thinking about murdering anyone who looks at me but that's not polite conversation in a post. That could get me thrown in the clinker. 


But if I were thrown in the clinker, I would have even more time to think about my last supper. I personally don't believe in the death penalty (I know, I find trouble understanding my own logic) but, if it's going to happen, shouldn't you get more than one last great meal? I'd want a whole week's worth of last meals.


Then again, I may just be grateful that someone else is cooking and doing the dishes. 


OK, my point is coming....


What meal would be your last meal on earth?


OBVIOUSLY, mine would include fries and Coke. But not just any fries. I mean, I'd totally eat any fry you give me any day of the week. But if it's my last day, I'd probably be a little choosy. So don't go to In-n-Out. Not a fan. 


My last meal would totally be this...


Shredded beef tacos with guacamole and cheese, french fries, Coke and a banana sundae for dessert. 


Another one would be....


Ribeye steak with some sort of bearnaise or blue cheese sauce, french fries and Coke.


Or....


Lomo saltado...that Peruvian dish that is a glorious stir-fry of filet and french fries together with an awesome spicy green sauce on the side.


Maybe....


Philipe's French Dip sandwich with fries and coke.


Is anyone else noticing here that chicken is nowhere present on my list?


Don't bring any birds near me. I've been in poultry hell long enough and I will haunt your shit if crossed.


Basically bring me some meat and potatoes. I'm a simple gal with a murderous heart. Hypothetically, of course. I'm only a hypothetical sociopath. 


My children are fine right now, why do you ask? Yes, Larry is home. Yes, he's ok. 


What would you eat, my friends?



5 comments:

Kristi said...

You did not specify which fries you would eat! Not In&Out? Yum yum...

I went to McDonald's the other day... JUST for a medium fry. I was all alone and I ate them with BBQ sauce too.

Unknown said...

Of course McDonald's! Sooo good. I like Del Taco and Pepe's and The Hat and Red Robin and Fatburger and Ruby's...

Yeah but I'm not wild about In N Out and Islands fries. I'll eat them for sure but I wouldn't make a special trip there to eat them.

Last Suppers said...

Just make sure you're executed in a state like Indiana where you can get almost anything you want--otherwise you might wind up with nothing but a choice of the bland, soggy food from the prison kitchen!

http://lastsuppersbook.blogspot.com/

January Dawn said...

Beef tenderloin (rare), garlic mashed or a baked potato with the works (bacon, cheese, green onions, cheese, bacon) a bottle of wine, preferably a 1.5'er (I might as well be hammered if I'm gonna die anyway) and a massive hot fudge sundae with an ooey gooey brownie.

That was fun!

And McDonald's fries are the best FOR SURE.

Unknown said...

Ty -- Good to know. Made a mental note. Must confine murders within Indiana's borders.

January -- You and I are soul sisters. Except I can't eat my meat rare. The blood freaks me out a little.